The CLAW Building Engineering Services Standard Design Specification is the standard adopted by Local Authorities throughout Wales, being widely used by consultants and contractors alike working for local authorities.
The latest versions are shown below and they are subject to regular reviews and updates.
They have been prepared by the CLAW Mechanical and Electrical Engineers’ Group and our partner in this exercise, Phil Shone, Consultant Engineer.
The modular format of the specification allows it to be a living document, easy to use, flexible and capable of being regularly updated. It has been designed to assist all authorities using a variety of procurement methodologies.
- Electrical Building Services Specification 2013
- Lift Services Specification March 2013
- M & E Services Maintenance Modular Specifications
- Fire Suppression in Schools and Other Local Authority Buildings March 2011
- Emergency Lighting March 2011
CLAW Mechanical and Electrical Engineers’ Group:
Chairman- Mike Hughes, North Wales Police & North Wales Fire and Rescue Service
Secretary- Phil Hurn, Newport City Council